Search This Blog

Upcoming Reviews

Upcoming Reviews: Brideshead Revisited (3.5), 2012 (3.5), Capitalism: A Love Story (3.5), The Book of Eli (4), Tron (3.5), Tooth Fairy (3)

Thursday, July 15, 2010

2001: A Space Odyssey - 1968

Movie #172

4.5 Stars

Astronauts David and Frank (Dullea and Lockwood) are sent to investigate an unusual artificact found buried on the moon.  The ship's intelligent computer, HAL, aides in their travel to Jupitar but everything is not as simple as it seems.  Stanley Kubrik's film not only looks at the mysteries of space but also the mysteries of life.

Cast: Keir Dullea, Gary Lockwood, William Sylvester, Leonard Rossiter, Douglas Rain, Frank Miller, Alan Gifford, John Ashley, Arthur C. Clarke
 
Director: Stanley Kubrick


I don't know what to say about this film.  It was excellent...one of those films that everyone should see.  I'm not going to even try and analyze anything about this film...I would probably look like an idiot.  So I am just going to do my...

Overall Recommendation: If you haven't seen this film then watch it...NOW!...and if you have seen this film then watch it again.

There will always be something new to learn every time you watch a film like this.  I will post a review once I watch it again.



No comments:

Post a Comment